Thursday, July 19, 2007

PMS, and a better day...

It has been one of those days that has been a blessing. Yesterday was a really hard day for me. I don't have many of those. I have to admit though, PMS got the best of me yesterday. Today I got up, and was feeling only slightly better. I had some errands to run, in downtown Mesa. My first stop was Domestic Bliss.http://www.domesticblissdesign.com/ This is one of my favorite stores! It is very pricey, but oh so fun to walk around. While I was there I ran into my cousin Jodie!!! Jodie, is Ashley's Mom.http://believeittoseeit.blogspot.com/ I was SO happy to see her! Sarah was with me shopping. I was so happy that she was able to see Sarah, as a young lady. We visited for about 20 minutes or so. I have to say Ashley, your Mom does not age!!! I hope this is in our genes! :) Then I moved onto a hair/boutique,named Blossom. I was putting some items on the counter. I looked up, and saw Benjamin's teacher Mrs. Blackhurst! She was his 5th grade teacher. This lady was one of my all time favorite teachers. She is one of those people that dresses up every day of the week. Makeup done, nails done, etc. She still looks the same she did 9 years ago! She has now retired, and just got home from serving her second mission, with her husband. It was so fun to catch up with her. I went home feeling much better than when I left. I love the fact that after living in Mesa/Gilbert the most of my life, I am blessed to run into people that have left an impact in my life, or kids life's. I am off to do some laundry. I have mutual tonight. I am thinking it is going to be a hoot! We are going to be doing line dancing!!!! Also there is a dinner with barbecue. I told Jake that he still needs to go, even knowing we will be dancing. He asked me, HOW??? I am in a cast, and on crutches! Hey, I think he will have the best seat in the house. He can sit there, and watch all of the talent going on! :)

18 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

July 19, 2007 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I hear ya on the pms thing! Fun downtown shopping, though! And how wonderful to run into old friends/family!

Mutual does sound so fun...especially when you can throw food into the mix!

I would love to grab a bite to eat with you while you are here! I will e-mail!

HAVE FUN TONIGHT! :)

July 19, 2007 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger kristin said...

I love the little blessings that Heavenly Father sends to us - like people who brighten our day!

Thanks for being one of those lights to me! ;)

July 19, 2007 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger donna said...

So sorry about your PMS girl. I get really bad PMS. I am no fun to be around for the first few days of my “You know what".

I hope you feel better soon.

That is way fun that you were able to see so many friends yesterday. Have a great day my sista :)

July 19, 2007 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

oh that darn PMS! i SO hear ya! im scared now- does it get worse as we age?!?!? what the heck?!?!

i love living here too (cali)..i ALWAYS run into someone i know wherever it is i go-thats so fun!

July 19, 2007 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Christina, you have me laughing! I need a good ol' laugh!!!! Are you thinking I am an old maid! hee hee! :) Yes, for me it has gotten worse, the older I have gotten. I am afraid what I might be like in 10 years. Can we say PADDED WHITE ROOM! :)

July 19, 2007 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger sista # 2 said...

Hey! You're not supposed to go downtown without me! I can always buy something in Bella Fine.;)
Cool to run into family & teacher from past years. This city is huge, but still small, ya know.
Is Pres. T teaching the line dancing! I would love to be there -it is sooo fun! I am going to a baby shower I'm excited about;)
long time family friend. More later... ciao

July 19, 2007 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Buffy said...

Sounds like a fun time running into family and old friends. That is the best! I sure hope you get to feeling better. PMS is the worst time. I get so down on myself at that time of the month. It' s nice to know there are so many other women who understand. :D have fun tonight dancing the night away.

July 19, 2007 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Lauralee said...

glad today is a better day.. darn that pms.. fun to run into cousins/ and old teachers.. fun times!
the line dancing sounds fun!

July 19, 2007 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger smithfam said...

PMS is a drag!! it hits me hard. I think I am a raging snot when I am Pmsing. Good thing it only hits once a month. Although the time sure flies by! Hope you had fun tonight!

July 19, 2007 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger onehm said...

My mom totally loved visiting with you! She called me right after she saw you and said "Guess who I just saw!!?"
And I totally agree that she doesn't age, which makes Sweet G's comment about her being "old on the outside" even funnier!
Hope you had fun at mutual, bummer about the PMS.
We'll have to get together when we get back from the beach!
;)

July 20, 2007 at 8:30 AM  
Blogger Carolee said...

My cousin introduced me to Domestic Bliss, love it too.

July 20, 2007 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I love downtown Mesa...perhaps because I taught there for five years...it just feels homey, familiar. With a few cute shops. So glad you ran into people you knew for a brightening of your day!

July 20, 2007 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Sorry you had such a rough day. I'm glad that the next was better and hopefully today is even better than that! Hope you had fun line dancing at mutual!

July 20, 2007 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger carey said...

Sorry to hear about your day, Michelle. PMS seriously BITES. I'd tried to figure out a way to boycott it, but I don't have any answers yet. :)

July 20, 2007 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Preschool said...

Just found your blog. Love it! I wish I had a Domestic Bliss here. It looks fabulous!!!!

I had a mega PMS day yesterday too. I just retreated to the bedroom because I couldn't even stand to be around myself.

July 21, 2007 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger sarah ann said...

Oh Man! It's even worse when we both have PMS at the same time! Haha.
I love you so much! Mutal was a lot of fun!

July 21, 2007 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I love running into old friends and familiar faces like that. Is Mrs. Blackhurst have daughters? I am wondering if that is my friend Allison's mom. Anyways, I guess you could have told him if he can drive with a cast he can dance with one. Hee hee.

July 21, 2007 at 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home