Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday...

Today has been one of those Sundays' that I love! One of those Sunday's that when the end of the day is nearing, I sit, and ponder. It has been one of those days that everything just fell into place, right where it was supposed to. I got up this morning, and had my usualy quiet time. I love the peacefulness of the morning. The kids, and Steve got up about 1-2 hours later. We all visited, and just lounged until it was time to get ready for church. I did make a carrot cake though. I am really trying to better my cooking skills. This has been a goal of mine. I am actually feeling like there is progrss being made. Today in Sacrament the Young Women, and leaders sang. We sang our theme song from camp. Have you heard of, The Keepers of his light? It is so beautiful! The girls sounded like angels as they where singing it. It has been a great day, and for this I do feel blessed. I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

11 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

That's what Sundays should be all about...although they aren't always so. Savor it!
Yum...carrot cake is so tasty! I, too, need to improve in my cooking skills! I love the new picture and layout!

July 15, 2007 at 7:38 PM  
Blogger kristin said...

I am just catching up on your blog - that dessert looks too diving to be true! YUM!

I love that your kids are good friends, friendships with siblings are the best!

So glad that your Sunday has been so good. I love looking back on a Sunday and knowing it was how Sabbath days are supposed to feel - the Spirit, rest, and family!

July 15, 2007 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger onehm said...

I haven't heard that song, but I love how music touches my heart. Especially in church.

Thanks for the recipe for the ice cream sandwich cake. I made it today and the fam LOVED it!

July 15, 2007 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

The YW sang in my inlaws ward as well, it was very pretty. Glad you are having a nice relaxing Sunday. I couldn't stop yawning today!

July 15, 2007 at 10:43 PM  
Blogger donna said...

The YW and YM also sang in our ward. Ryan played for them.

Sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday, my sweet sista.

I love peaceful Sundays. Enjoy your day :)

July 16, 2007 at 7:14 AM  
Blogger Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Yea for good sundays!!! I had a great one too and I loved every second of it!

July 16, 2007 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

So glad that you had such a wonderful Sunday! We sang that as a YM/YW group on Mother's Day. It was awesome!

July 16, 2007 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger sarah ann said...

Mom, I love that song! So peaceful! Thank you for dinner! Oh it was so good! People, I'm tellin' yah... My mom is a really good cook! Love ya!

July 16, 2007 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I LOVE Sundays like that! I can't wait until the girls grow up just a little more so we can have meaningful conversations. :) I remember those mornings w/ my parents growing up and it brings back fond memories!

POST THE RECIPE!!

July 16, 2007 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger Carolee said...

What a great day. I am trying to become a better cook. My Mom and Aunts are known for their cooking and I would love to be known for that too someday.

July 16, 2007 at 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi michelle: i LOVE the CD with the young women theme music this year. i love playing it over and over. so peaceful. i love it when the music numbers sound like angels are actually in the room singing. the music felt like that to me in our stake conference in apr when our stake choir sang a couple of hymns. i had heard them before, but on that day when elder l.tom perry was our special speaker, they no kidding sounded like angels. i did not want to forget that moment. ~blessings, kathleen :)

July 16, 2007 at 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home