Thursday, July 12, 2007

Fun day, and yummy dessert!


Yesterday I was so lucky to go to lunch with Jenny from Texas, Janae, and Amy! All of these wonderful gals are on my sidebar. We went to lunch at Bajio's, for sure a favorite! I had never met Jenny before! We do know some of same people though. It can be such a small world! What a great person!!! Jenny will be moving back to the Gilbert area in the near future! We for sure will all have to get together again...so fun! I will post a pic. later. I am having some troubles with the pic. I took. Jenny, can I borrow your pic? :) I came home from a fun afternoon with the girls, and hopped in the pool. It is so hot! I then decided to run to the store to buy the ingredients to a dessert I have been wanting to try. I bought a great cookbook while I was in Midway. I found this recipe in it. I highly recommend it! So easy, and SOOO good! Turtle Dessert- 17 ice cream sandwiches, 1 jar caramel topping, 1 1/4 cup pecans, 1 12 oz. whipped topping, and 1 jar hot fudge. Place half of the ice cream bars on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Spread evenly with caramel topping, and sprinkle with 1 cup pecans. Top with 2 cups whipped topping. Add remaining ice cream bars. Spread the remaining whipped topping evenly over whipped topping. Sprinkle remaining pecans on top. Cover, and freeze for at least 2 hours. Drizzle jar of hot fudge on top, before serving. This is seriously yum! I chose not to use the pecans last night. It can be made with or without.

23 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I'm so glad you tried the recipe. It both sounds & looks fantastic, but who can go wrong with that ingredient list?!

I had a fun time yesterday as well. Thank you for hostessing us!

July 12, 2007 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger donna said...

OH my what a great dessert ! I think i should make it :)
I am so glad that you all had a fun time at lunch.
Enjoy your AZ summer day :)

July 12, 2007 at 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm bummed I didn't get to try your dessert!! I guess I could make it myself ;) Now I know it's good!!!

July 12, 2007 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I want to be included in the next get together! :) Especially if I get to try that yummy dessert!

July 12, 2007 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

I saw your get together on Jenny's blog! It looked like it was so much fun!!

And that dessert looks and sounds absolutely SINFUL!!! Yummy!!!

July 12, 2007 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger SHERI said...

Thats looks yummy! I am so sad I missed lunch yesterday. Maybe next time!

July 12, 2007 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I hope this means you are feeling better.
That sounds so good and easy. I am already thinking of the different variations you could do with ice cream sandwiches.

July 12, 2007 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Yummy! I've had that dessert and it is soooooo yummy!

July 12, 2007 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

how funny! i saw the dessert and thought what the heck? my friend in utah is making that same dessert? only its got different stuff in it..but looks the same! how funny is that!?

fun to go have grub with friends!

July 12, 2007 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger carey said...

My mouth started watering as soon as your picture loaded - yum!!!

July 12, 2007 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger House of Joy said...

Glad you are doing better…

Thanks for posting the recipe.. I am going to make it for our company this week end…Yummy!!!!

July 12, 2007 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger Melissa E Photography said...

MMMMMMMMMMM! My mouth is watering just looking at that dessert. I'll have to try that out!

July 12, 2007 at 2:31 PM  
Blogger Kim@The Polka Dot Press said...

So glad that you are feeling well enough to enjoy ice cream and chocolate! Thanks for a yummy recipe!

July 12, 2007 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger smithfam said...

OH that looks so good. I will try that one for sure! Sounds like a fun get together. I would love to meet up with some blogger buddies. I think they all live in Utah, So Cal, AZ or NV. Bummer. Glad you are feeling better.

July 12, 2007 at 6:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

OK, just gained 5 lbs from reading and looking at your picture. :) Glad you had a great time w/ your friends!! Enjoy your dessert!

July 12, 2007 at 7:28 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Thank you SOO much for lunch. You are too sweet. Okay instead of making that dessert, how about I come over and try it? It looks incredible. For sure we will have to hook up again. We are leaning more and more toward Elliot and Higley so we will be close!

July 12, 2007 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Okay, I am all over that dessert! Sounds soflippin' good!

How fun to get together with fellow bloggers over yummy food! And thank goodness for a pool! I do not know how you AZ gals do it! I would just die!!!!!

July 12, 2007 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

that dessert looks insanely good. Can't wait to see pictures of your girls' lunch!

July 12, 2007 at 9:45 PM  
Blogger onehm said...

YUM! I am so trying this tomorrow night!

July 12, 2007 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

I really need to try that dessert! THat looks so yummy.

How fun to meet up with Jenny and the other girls. I am sure you had a blast together.

I am glad you are feeling better. My son was sick with it for 4 days. So crazy!

July 12, 2007 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

How fun to meet up with some blogging friends. I wish that I could meet up with more. It's hard because everytime I do get to Vegas, I have so many things to do! My mom was just telling me a recipe the other day just like that dessert you made! Yum!

July 13, 2007 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i always get so giddy when i know that fellow bloggers got together for a social! someday i WILL join in the fun!

hope you are feeling better...

July 13, 2007 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

8585 lodgepole
Riverside, CA 92508

July 13, 2007 at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home