Thursday, July 31, 2008

High School here we come...


Oh boy! It has been non stop since we got home. Life has been great, but oh so busy! We are getting Jake, Nate, and Sarah ready to start school. Sarah has her back to school night this evening. I sure have been emotional about that. I feel very blessed that all of my kids are progressing, and doing good. I do struggle with them growing up. She is the baby, and the fact that she will be in the big old high school, is hard for me to accept. I struggled with the boys going to high school too. I am not some nutty Mom that can't handle it. It is just hard putting them into a situation that, there are soooo many people, and such worldly things. This is the part of being a Mom that I wish someone would have prepared me for. :) I do feel so blessed that I have 4 kiddos that make me proud. Not that we have escaped struggles. For the most part though, I have had it pretty easy, with them. I am thinking about what I might do with my free time, once they are in school. I also wonder if, I really will have much free time. We shall see. I will let you know how I handled tonight. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the tears are minimal. :)

12 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

Wow..
I can only imagine how hard it is to watch your children grow up. I mean I am sure it's very exciting and rewarding seeing how much they have grown & what great people they have all turned into but it's probably way hard.. I see how much my niece & nephew have all ready grown and it makes me sad. I wish I could keep them little forever!!

I am the baby in my family too so I know how it hard all this was for my mom!!
I still can't believe Sarah is going to be in High School!! It's amazing how much she has changed in the time I have known her. She really is such a sweet girl & she has such great morals. I know you guys won't ever have to worry about her being in High School.. she has such great parents who have taught her well! Plus, she is such a good influence on her friends & others!! She is such a beautiful girl!!

Good luck at the Open House!! :)

♥ you!!

July 31, 2008 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I'm freaking that after this next school year, I'll have a middle schooler! Eeek!

July 31, 2008 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

It's hard to see the kids grow up and mine are still fairly young. I hope that the orientation went well!

July 31, 2008 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger tammy said...

I hate how fast they grow up too, and my baby's only in first grade! I want to keep them sheltered and at home for as long as I can. Good luck!

July 31, 2008 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger SuperCoolMom said...

Wow! You make me glad mine are so spread out. By the time E is in HS, I assume that I'll be so worn out that I won't even care ;D

July 31, 2008 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Wow! Back to school night already! Your kids are amazing, it just shows what a great job you and your husband have done!!!!

July 31, 2008 at 10:44 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh Michelle! I can imagine I'd have a hard time when my girls get to high school too. It's such a scary world out there anymore, and I'm terrified for my girls no matter what grade they are in (actually, I think I'd be more terrified for them when they're in high school).

You're such a great, fantastic mom. You can bet Sarah will take what she's learned from you and apply to high school. :) Hang in there! (Or, you can have another baby!) Ha ha, just kidding!

August 1, 2008 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

(HUGS) Your kids will do great at high school, because of their great mom!!!

Good luck to you and your growing kiddos!!

August 3, 2008 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger donna said...

i will also have all three of my kiddos in school all day..

Hmm i don't know what i will do???

August 3, 2008 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger sista # 2 said...

i'll see ya 8:30 monday morning -should we meet on your first day TOO??hahaha Double therapy!

August 3, 2008 at 5:51 PM  
Blogger Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

reading your blog makes me realize that it doesnt ever get easy being a mom! i am so sad about ethan starting kindergarten! we can do this together michelle! hang in there!

August 4, 2008 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger carey said...

Yikes, this day scares me...and it's only around the corner, I know. I agree with Shelly...your kids will be great because they have a fantastic mom, Michelle. :)

August 4, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home